Sep 17, 2010

Friday Finds - Interesting Wall unit

Like everyone else who is interested in design and home aesthetics, I browse through websites, blogs and yes the craigslist (how could I forget my eternal source of research insipirations!!) for interesting finds. I had shared an interesting danish style magazine stand earlier, a craigslist find!! >>Link. Keeping in view my overflowing folder of  inspirations and finds for the future, I decided to write about one such item per week, say every friday.

For starters, let me share this very interesting looking wall unit found via Thomaswold's blog>> link. Do check out his blog for more amazing DIYz. (i just skimmed through the blog and fell in love with his work..planning to take a day out to read through his work and posts where he talks about his projects and work in general). 

The wall unit
Created from a set of unused or unwanted furniture. I am major fan of upcycled and repurposed things. (obvious that i loved his idea right!!).
This Pile ....

Transformed into this work of art...
Pic courtesy: thomaswold
Painted furniture is not really my style, but what I liked about this piece is that he has repurposed, recycled and upcycled most of the furniture, which would have otherwise ended up in the landfill. It is simply a super cool DIY idea (I could totally steal!!)  to create a really unique piece of art!

Really amazing work I must say :). Don't you think :-) so too. 
PS: Check the blog for more details on such projects.

Before I forget, Let me link this post to show and tell ` @ My Romantic Home :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! thats simply awesome!! I loved the idea.. Although I would paint it .. dark brown.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sudha, I love this, and i love the idea of the series. I'm looking forward to your friday posts!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I'm off to check his blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats simply amazing, i am not able too grasp how you could turn that pile of junk into such a great looking and capable cabinet unit, simply marvelous, i would love to have it in my living room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy
    Thank you for stopping by. I loved your blog about cabinets....The compliments need to be passed on to Thomas who actually made it. Do check out his work via his blog. (I only featured it cos i liked his work too!!) cant take any credit for the work!! :-)

    Do keep stopping by. I would love to have your ideas and suggestions for The design enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.